Monday, September 8, 2014

September 2014 - Whole30 Day 7


Sunday, September 7, 2014


I'm tired and irritable. I can't say that I want to kill all the things, but I would like to be alone. I need a punching bag. Today is not a day for the typical sibling rivalry! Oh wait, according to the Whole30 Timeline, I am definitely in the "Kill all the things" phase, but I'm also in the "I just want a nap" phase. Interesting.

We started the day with scrambled eggs and leftover steak from last nights dinner. Simple and efficient. 








And then we headed to the Bill Allen Memorial disc golf course in The Colony for some sunshine and exercise. This course is predominantly in the trees providing shade and obstacles to make the game more... Fun?

I love this activity for the slow placed exercise involving the entire family. Grace is getting pretty good. I am not, but that's ok!






The kids enjoy driving around the course in Grace's 4-wheeler. This thing is not only 4.5 years old and still going strong with a ton of usage, but was holding an 8.5 year old, an almost 3 year old, a backpack full of stuff (you know, purse, diaper necessities, food, water, etc), AND it still handled the hills like a champ!




If you're in the market, check out the Kawasaki Tough Trike!


We didn't plan ahead and pack a lunch or any protein, but no one seemed to suffer from this other than grumpy old me. We did have oranges for a snack on the course and then immediately met up with another friend for roller skating at Interskate in Lewisville. Sadly I did not put skates on, but Grady did and he did a great job considering he's only 2! We'll definitely be back. In fact I promised Grace a [step]mommy-daughter day here sometime soon. 



For dinner we grilled more of the unused camping food: pork chops and baked potato. And for an additional side I sautéed spinach with ghee, olive oil, onions, garlic, red, and yellow bell pepper. Delicious dinner and so pretty. Too bad I didn't get a picture.


Feelings? By evening I was so tired and definitely wanting to Kill-ALL-The-Things, as discussed in the Whole30 Timeline. I also wanted a nap. But no such luck. After dinner I had to pack for a business trip, and get the kids ready for the week.

Tomorrow's another day. Cheers for making it this far!

No comments:

Post a Comment