Monday, September 8, 2014

September 2014 - Whole30 Day 6

Saturday September 6, 2014


This morning started out abruptly at 7:30 with Grady crawling into bed with me, pulling my hair (albeit accidentally), and saying "get up mommy, get  up!"

Ugh, good thing I stayed up late again last night watching a movie. (She says sarcastically). We stayed up late Thursday night prepping for the camping trip. Two nights of 6 hours of sleep, combined with Whole30 detox, and it's been a rough morning. I'm irritable and short fused. I'm not 'hungry' but eating would help stifle emotions. But I know I can't do that anymore. 

I mentioned yesterday that the Whole30 Timeline refers to Days 4 and 5 as the "Kill all the things" days, and I'm there for sure. 

Breakfast was 3 small organic apples. Granny, gala and pink lady. With a tiny side of almond butter. 

Lunch was scrambled eggs and bacon. Organic bug eating free range chicken eggs really are better than any other kind. And the flavor has even convinced Tim that the $5 per dozen price really is worth it. The bacon was cooked to a perfect crisp in the oven but after the first slice it occurred to me that the bacon was very sweet. Tim said "oops, I bought nitrate free and forgot about sugar free."  Oh well. Moving on.... I'm not going to let 2 little piece of bacon derrail my Whole 30 days!!

Dinner was grilled steak, and a big salad (mixed greens, cucumbers, bell peppers) and guacamole with olive oil and sea salt. I also made hash browns with olive oil and ghee and it was decadent and delicious.


Side note, something I realized today, the Elderberry syrup that I take everyday has fructose in it. UGH. My sons pediatrician said to give it to him every day to kill his Fifths Disease virus, and continue to take it daily as a preventative. I've been taking it myself also. I guess I should stop for the rest of the month.


Some people would probably at this point stop their Whole30 and consider tomorrow Day 1 instead of Day 7, but I'm not going to. It's such a small amount of sugar, miniscule in the grand scheme of my annual sugar intake. I've got bigger things to worry about. I'm positive that down the road when I'm doing my 30th Whole30 I'll be more stringent. I've had such a huge success in the past 6 days that I'm not going to let this derrail me (I've said this before I think?)

Did you stop taking supplements like Elderberry during your Whole30 or other clean eating program?

No comments:

Post a Comment