Monday, September 15, 2014

September 2014 - Whole30 Day 12

Friday, September 12, 2014

Woke up this morning tired and needing more sleep. I slept 10:30-7:30ish but it's not enough.

Breakfast - Coffee with "Creamer" (coconut cream pureed with cinnamon). And a banana. Go ahead and say it. Maybe I'd have more energy if I ate more food for breakfast. Ugh. I hate eating in the morning.

Lunch - Water with Lemon Essential Oil, Boiled applegate hot dogs, and many yawns. OH, and I also ate an apple. 


Whole30 Day 12 Applegate beef hot dogs for lunch.


This afternoon, I am wearing Young Living's Joy essential oil on my wrists and I have it in my diffuser for an afternoon pick me up. Joy has a such a pretty and happy scent.

Joy™ is a luxuriously exotic blend with uplifting overtones that creates magnetic energy and brings joy to the heart. When worn as cologne or perfume, Joy exudes an alluring and irresistible fragrance that inspires romance and togetherness. When diffused, it can be refreshing and uplifting.
Ingredients: Bergamot (Citrus aurantium bergamia†), Ylang ylang (Cananga odorata†), Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens†), Lemon (Citrus limon†), Coriander (Coriandrum sativum†), Tangerine (Citrus reticulata†), Jasmine (Jasminum officinale*), Roman chamomile (Anthemis nobilis†), Palmarosa (Cymbopogon martinii†), Rose (Rosa damascena†) †100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil *100% pure absolute
Young Living Joy Essential Oil and diffuser in the home office for an uplifting afternoon 

"A Joyful heart is good medicine, 
but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22"



Dinner - For dinner I met a dear friend of mine at Whiskey Cake. I scoured the menu before I left for the restaurant and decided I'd have the grilled shrimp salad.  The shrimp was highly seasoned, a little spicy, and quite tasty, but the salad was a little disappointing in flavor. Not to mention, it was sooo cold sitting outside with a heavy wind blowing through the patio. I ate the shrimp, but saved the salad to eat at home.

The appetizer menu listed deviled eggs and the waitress said that they changed their deviled egg flavor each week. She listed the ingredients, full of veggies, but had to inquire into the kitchen to verify no dairy, sugar, or soy. Sure enough, sugar. I have to ask why? Why put sugar in deviled eggs? Seriously!? We don't do it at home. Do you?

I got the chicken strips and fries for Grady because i knew he wouldn't eat anything else on that menu. The chicken turned out to be a little too fried with batter for him, so I ended up peeling off the batter and eating some of the chicken myself. I'm learning (over and over again) that kids menus are rarely appropriate for little kids; they're too gourmet. I need to stick with ordering sides, like a side of fruit. We always order him a side of ground beef at Mexican restaurants, but I forget to do that at other restaurants.

Feeling - Distracted. I'm not foggy or sluggish, but I am tired and distracted today.

How were you feeling on Whole30 Day 12? How do you use Joy essential oil?

No comments:

Post a Comment