Tuesday, September 16, 2014

September 2014 - Whole30 Day 16

Tuesday Whole30 Day 16

Hurray  for Day 16!

I slept fantastic last night. Deep and solid with no toddler interruptions. This morning I got dressed, got the kiddo ready for pre-school, and then jumped right into a conference call. It was 10:30 before I realized that I hadn't had breakfast yet. YIKES.

And then I kept saying, "I'll finish this and then go get breakfast", "just one more thing", and "one more thing" until finally at 1:30 I stopped and went downstairs for breakfast. I work from home which is in most situations ideal.

Lunch consisted of a huge salad and 4 boiled Applegate beef hotdogs. I really enjoy the hot dogs, but I do prefer them to be boiled for a LONG time to really soften up.

The Salad... spinach, arugula, jicama, tomatoes, guacamole, olive oil, sea salt, and a mini bell pepper stuffed with tuna salad:
Whole30 Day 16 lunch of salad with spinach, arugula, jicama, tomatoes, guacamole, olive oil, sea salt, and a mini bell pepper stuffed with tuna salad. And Applegate beef hot dogs with mustard.


After lunch I crashed. Big time. I could have napped hard all afternoon if I had been allowed to. So tired. My body is really adjusting to this clean eating, and I suspect the restaurant food is hurting me more than I realize.



Dinner was originally going to be salmon and asparagus, but since we had tilapia last night I opted for country style pork ribs instead.

Whole30 Day 16 Dinner: pork country style boneless ribs baked in chopped tomatoes and served with salad.I can post details of the recipe later, but essentially, I grilled the ribs indoors with olive oil and seasoning to get nice char marks, and then layered the ribs in a baking dish with more seasoning, Whole30 compliant salsa (tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapeno's, etc), and chopped tomatoes.

The rib tomato mixture baked in the oven for 1.5 hours and came out very fork tender and scrumptious. We served them with another salad: spinach, arugula, tomato, cucumber, olive oil, and sea salt.




It's 9pm and the kitchen is closed. I'm tired, but not as exhausted as I was this afternoon. I did have a small #nonscalevictory today. I jumped on the trampoline with Grady and I got a lot of height and I felt comfortable and strong. It was an odd (albeit good!) feeling of stability that I've never had on the trampoline. 


How's your Whole30 Day 16?


No comments:

Post a Comment