Friday, September 12, 2014

September 2014 - Whole30 Day 10 (Work Trip Day 2)

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Just like yesterday, Whole30 Day 10 started out with exhaustion and me sleeping through my alarm clock. No Breakfast again except half a cup of black coffee and a larabar. OH and an orange. Note to self, next work trip, pack protein.

I had a couple meetings at the office and then I headed out to meet a friend for lunch before heading back to Dallas. We had Lunch at Zoes Kitchen on Shephard. It was a tough decision on what to order to be compliant. A quick google search indicated that Zoes had nothing compliant (per the Whole9 forum). 

Lunch was the Mediterranean Tuna Pita with a side salad. I asked the server (waiter? guy behind the counter?) to hold the pita and the feta, which didn't happen, but I was able to scrape it aside.
Whole30 Day 10 Lunch at Zoes Kitchen in Houston. Mediterranean Tuna with side salad. Yes, I wiped the feta off and gave the pitas away!


Whole30 Day 10 Road Trip snacks. Water larabar sunflower seeds and pistachios.


After lunch, I checked Zoes To-Go options to see if anything was road trip worthy but there was nothing that I could easily eat while driving. So I ended up with gas station food, about half way home.

I have to say, after years and years of driving to Houston and back to Dallas, almost monthly... I have never had such a healthy road trip. I've always used those 4 hours as a chance to eat sugar without anyone seeing. Coke, Red Bull, Ice Coffee, donuts, doritos, candy, whatever I was in the mood to eat.

Dinner with the family was leftovers: two pork chops, guacamole, and baby food sweet potato. Yup, that's me eating baby food. Beechnut organic sweet potatoes. YUM.

Whole30 Day 10 Dinner. Pork chops guacamole and beechnut organic baby food sweet potatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment