Monday, September 15, 2014

September 2014 - Whole30 Day 13

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Wow, I've made it 13 days, and I'm feeling great and motivated to continue going on. I mean, yes, I am still fantasizing a little about Halloween candy or other indulgences, but I also am fully aware at how miserable and sad and disappointed I'll feel, physically and emotionally, if I give in to those temptations.

Saturday was another eating out day, that started with meeting another friend for Breakfast at La Madeleine's. Ice water, and a make your own omelette with bell peppers, spinach, and tomatoes. I love their quiche and their potato galettes, but not today.

Lunch was delicious! We ate the leftover salad from dinner at Whiskey Cake yesterday, and leftover chicken shish kabobs (from the almost-camping trip which we had to cancel a few weeks ago).



The chicken pieces were marinated in garam masala seasoning and LaCroix. So tender and juicy!

After lunch we attended a 3 year old's birthday party, where they had burgers for the kids, and cake of course. Oh the cake... The cake was served around 5:30pm and I was starving, and that frosting looked so good I could have eaten it right off my kids fingers. I had to leave the room for a few minutes to gather my thoughts. 

We left the party and headed down the street to Genghis Grill for Dinner. I got a large bowl full of veggies with shredded beef, some ginger, a TON of garlic and 2 eggs. No seasoning or sauces for me. I'm sure there was hidden soy or sugar in the dish somewhere, but I don't know where... the veggies were dry and fresh, and the meat didn't say it was marinated (like some of the other meats).

I'm sure there are Whole30 purists out there that would not agree with all the eating out we do, but it works for our lifestyle right now. Even if this isn't "Whole30 pure", it's 150% better than I've ever done at restaurants in the past, so I'm not going to beat myself up over it.

Feeling - Same as yesterday. Not foggy or sluggish, but still lacking in pep and energy. Certainly not the tiger blood that others talk about. Someone on the Facebook Whole30 group said that maybe we'll never feel the tiger blood now if we're not that type of person. Well, maybe we never felt it before because of how we were eating, and are about to feel it for the first time ever. Or maybe it's just been so long since we've had that boundless energy that it's going to take a lot longer to detox and feel it again. I know I'll have excess energy one day soon. 

Or maybe it's taking longer for me because of all the eating out at restaurants?


Were you feeling "Tiger Blood" boundless energy by Whole30 Day 13?

No comments:

Post a Comment