Monday, June 3, 2013

Whole30 - Day 3

What a crazy busy day.

Took my toddler (Grady's 19 months old) to the eye doctor first thing this morning for an exam and didn't have time (or make time?) for breakfast. Then grabbed a fast food burger on the way to work (no bun or cheese sadly), and then ran around work like a chicken trying to get travel arrangements organized for a last minute work trip to Oregon tomorrow!

Dinner was turkey meatloaf and sweet potato fries that I picked up from Sprouts. Again not the most ideal meal, but it's all Sprouts had and I was pressed for time. It sure beats fast food fries and soda?

This evening has been crazy running around packing and doing laundry trying to get ready for the trip tomorrow. And then I thought I had lost Grady's birth certificate and had a slight meltdown panic attack. Now it's 10pm and I need to actually work and prepare for the week ahead.

Thankfully the family is going with me to Oregon!!

I keep thinking that life will slow down and then I'll be able to focus on healthier eating and planning meals and cooking at home more, but the reality is, that this is my life. One reason I gained this excess weight is all the traveling for work and fun.

I need to learn how to better prepare for these busy days. Like filling the freezer with lots of meat kabobs that are precooked and easy to grab and defrost... Maybe also freeze fun dipping sauces too?

Any other ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment